Service Agreement and Information for Bridal Makeup
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Many thanks for contacting me and your interest in my providing the makeup services for your special day. I can assure you I will do everything within my role as Makeup Artist to ensure you look and feel your most beautiful.
I am sure you will have signed many contracts and agreements with caterers, venues and dress shops leading up to the main event and this document is no different so both parties have clarity as to what the agreement entails. Some of the language used in this agreement is intentionally light hearted however the agreement is important for both you and I, to ensure all runs smoothly.
Getting to know you… “The Trial”
This is the part where we get to meet and you tell me all about you. This is your opportunity to ask as many questions as you wish and try the makeup you will hopefully be wearing for your big day. I have a very relaxed and down to earth approach and pride myself on building a good relationship and communication with my clients. I will be led by you as to what you are comfortable with makeup wise and I will advise you as to what will enhance you and make you look your best both in person and on your wedding photos.
I only use what I consider to be “the gold standard” in cosmetics and all of the products I use are hypo-allergenic and suitable for sensitive skin. The Trial is however an excellent way to try the products I will be using on you for your wedding and ensuring any rare issues with sensitivity can be addressed.
Your trial will cost £45 and last approximately an hour and a half, if you live outside of a 20 mile radius of RM16 there will be an additional travel cost of 45p per mile however I will always agree this with you prior to the booking.
Usually it will be just your makeup which is trialled however, should any of your bridesmaids or other members of your party wish to have a trial also the cost is an additional £25 per person.
Payment for the trial is required either by bank transfer before the trial or cash on the day for all members of the party who are having a makeup trial for your weeding
Please print and read this agreement carefully so we can discuss any questions you may have before booking me for your wedding formally.
What I need from you …. “The Bride’s Responsibilities”
- Sit back, relax and enjoy your day!
- The Bride agrees to pay Fee in accordance with Payment provision
- The Bride is responsible for KSIMA fees, parking and travel fees if applicable
- The Bride agrees to immediately inform KSIMA regarding any sensitivities or allergies they or any other member of the wedding party may have to any types of makeup products or cosmetics both before, or after, “The Trial”. KSIMA is not responsible for any liability for complications arising from the unlikely event of potential reactions or sensitivities.
- The Bride agrees a suitable work space will be provided at the venue where the makeup is taking place including space to lay out products and equipment and suitable lighting.
- The Bride agrees that KSIMA may use any photos sourced from the wedding for promotional/marketing activities.
Following “The Trial” a deposit of 25% of the total booking fee is required to be paid to secure the date. Until the deposit is received no date will be secured. Payment can be made by cash on the day of “The Trial” or by bank transfer or card payment, cheques are not accepted.
No additional makeups other than those pre agreed will take place on the day of the wedding except with prior agreement from KSIMA. Additional makeups on the day are payable on the day in cash at a cost of £45 per person.
The remaining balance of the wedding package is to be paid no later than the morning of the wedding by either bank transfer, card payment or cash.
In the unlikely event of the booking being cancelled please be advised of the following:
- Deposits are non-refundable unless the booking is cancelled by KSIMA.
- The full balance remains payable if the booking is cancelled by the client less than 2 weeks before the agreed wedding date.
- The full balance remains payable if any member of the bridal party decides against having their makeup done less than 2 weeks before the agreed wedding date.
By paying your deposit you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement
Making it official ….”The Agreement”
Should you decide to proceed with hiring me for your wedding makeup, this contract outlines an agreement and all contractual obligations between me, Karen Sayers-Irving – Makeup artist, here referred to as KSIMA and yourself here referred to as “The Bride”.
The Bride agrees to a signed contract for KSIMA to provide makeup services on the date and time agreed.
KSIMA agrees to perform these services for The Bride and wedding party under the terms and conditions set forth in this contract.
Accuracy of this form is extremely important in providing effective and timely services by the Artist in consideration of the mutual promises set forth in this contract; it is agreed by and between The Bride and KSIMA.
All about us ….”Relationship of Parties”
KSIMA is not considered an agent or employee of The Bride for any purpose. The parties intend that an independent contractor relationship will be created by this contract. The Bride is interested only in the results to be achieved; the conduct and control of the work will lie solely with KSIMA.
What will I do for you …. “Responsibilities of KSIMA”
- Make you look gorgeous!!!
- Both myself and any assistants I use shall provide Services with reasonable care and skill.
- I shall perform the Services promptly on the date and time agreed.
- If I cannot perform the agreed upon services due to unforeseen circumstances or any other cause beyond my control, any and all payments excluding trial makeups shall be returned to the client with the understanding that there will be no further liability with respect to the agreement.
- I will use my own products/kit in the provision of the Services unless specific products have been pre-agreed with The Bride or other members of the wedding party due to sensitivities etc.
- I will arrange means of transport and have my own mobile phone but may claim legitimate expenses subject to prior agreement.
- I will use high quality professional materials and recreate this agreed makeup based on “The Trial” I do however reserve the right to, at my discretion substitute products for similar colours, textures etc. depending on the circumstances of the day and also to be in accordance with best hygiene practices and “use by” dates of product.
That’s all folks!…. “Summary of agreement”
This agreement represents all the terms and conditions agreed upon by the parties. No other understanding or representations, oral or otherwise, regarding the agreement shall bind any of the parties.
I recognise that your wedding day will be one of the most memorable days of your entire life. It is my pleasure to help make this a fun and unforgettable experience for both you and your wedding party, and of course to ake you look and feel your very best!
I wish you and your new husband/wife much love, health, wealth and happiness for your future.
With very best wishes,